About the course 'Interdisciplinary teamwork and innovation processes' 2019
A unique extra-curricular course for talented students
'Interdisciplinary teamwork and innovation processes' is a unique course where you will strengthen your competencies in interdisciplinary teamwork and innovation processes. You will work together with fellow students from other educational programs and your team will have to develop innovative solutions for micro and small companies.
The course is a valuable supplement to your daily educational programme and your takeaways are multiple. You will gain new insights into group dynamics and innovation processes - both of which are extremely useful for your professional career.
The course is equivalent to 5 ECTS points and includes an oral exam. If you pass the exam, the course will be added to your diploma.
Your takeaways from the course
- You’ll strengthen your innovative competencies in collaboration with micro-companies and fellow students.
- You’ll also collaborate closely with a case-company and dig into a specific company challenge related to sustainability.
- You’ll learn a lot about group dynamics in your interdisciplinary team and explore your particular role and contribution to the team.
- You’ll participate in a unique course that especially qualifies you for your internship and future career.
- You’ll become aware of how your personal and professional competencies drive innovation processes.
- You’ll experience the challenges of working in an interdisciplinary and intercultural setting.
- You’ll expand your professional network with companies and fellow students.
- The course is added to your programme diploma.
I would highly recommend it to other students. It was an unique experience for me out of which I took full profit. First of all the group was amazingly filled with social and fun members. It was funny to see so many ways of thinking backgrounded by different educations. I hope the future students will have as much fun as I did.— Computer Science student about the course
Facts about Experts in Teams
The method has been developed in a collaboration between the Norwegian University of Science & Technology and Business Academy Aarhus.
In 2013-2018 the course was called ‘Experts in Teams’ at Business Academy Aarhus. From 2019 it is called ‘Interdisciplinary teamwork and innovation processes’.
The course is part of the academy’s talent strategy – read more here (in Danish only)
The aim of the course is many-fold. Among others, you become an expert in teamwork. You learn how to use your own competencies within the team. You try out a practice-based innovation process. You learn more about group dynamics and facilitation. Interdisciplinarity involves the combining of two or more academic disciplines into one activity. It is about creating something new by thinking across boundaries.
The course is extra-curricular and 40 students will participate from Business Academy Aarhus.
Students become part of an interdisciplinary team of 5-6 students from different study programs.
The team members in each team are from a minimum of three different educational programmes such as finance, it and marketing. Lecturers from Business Academy Aarhus facilitate the teams. The lecturers are certified facilitators.
Students need to apply for participation. Please apply here
The value of putting together a diverse team – and then using this diversity – is insanely important.— Flemming Horn Nielsen, Director, Dong Energy, oil and gas activities, February 2016.