About Experts in Teams 2017
Innovation days for students, autumn semester 2017
Experts in Teams is a unique course where you will strengthen your competencies in interdisciplinary teamwork and innovation processes. You will work together with fellow students from other educational programs and your team will have to develop innovative solutions for micro and small companies.
The course is a valuable supplement to your daily educational programme and your takeaways are multiple. You will gain new insights into group dynamics and innovation processes - both of which are extremely useful for your professional career.
The overall theme of Experts in Teams 2017 is Sustainability. During the course, the theme is explored through the business cases. Learn more about the theme here.
Your takeaways from Experts in Teams
- You’ll strengthen your innovative competencies in collaboration with micro-companies and fellow students.
- You’ll also collaborate closely with a case-company and dig into a specific company challenge related to sustainability.
- You’ll learn a lot about group dynamics in your interdisciplinary team and explore your particular role and contribution to the team.
- You’ll participate in a unique course that especially qualifies you for your internship and future career.
- You’ll become aware of how your personal and professional competencies drive innovation processes.
- You’ll experience the challenges of working in an interdisciplinary and intercultural setting.
- You’ll expand your professional network with companies and fellow students.
- The course is added to your programme diploma.
I would highly recommend it to other students. It was an unique experience for me out of which I took full profit. First of all the group was amazingly filled with social and fun members. It was funny to see so many ways of thinking backgrounded by different educations. I hope the future students will have as much fun as I did.— Compter Science student about 'Experts in Teams 2016'
Facts about Experts in Teams
- The method has been developed in a collaboration between the Norwegian University of Science & Technology and Business Academy Aarhus.
- The aim of the course is threefold. You become an expert in teamwork. You learn how to use your own competencies within the team. You try out a practice-based innovation process.
- Interdisciplinarity involves the combining of two or more academic disciplines into one activity. It is about creating something new by thinking across boundaries.
- Experts in Teams is an extra-curricular course.
- 100 students participate from Business Academy Aarhus.
- 40 students participate from partner institutions in Denmark and abroad.
- Students become part of so-called villages with 30-35 students and 5-6 teams.
- Each team has 5-6 members.
- Each village works with the same case-company.
- The team members in each team are from a minimum of three different educational programmes such as finance, computer science and marketing.
- The case-companies have no more than 10 employees and are from different industries.
- This year’s theme is sustainability – and the theme will be further defined in collaboration with the case-companies.
- Lecturers from the Academy facilitate the teams. The lecturers are certified facilitators.
- Students needed to apply for participation. Registration is now closed for 2017.
The value of putting together a diverse team – and then using this diversity – is insanely important.— Flemming Horn Nielsen, Director, Dong Energy, oil and gas activities, February 2016.